Sunday, February 22, 2015

BRICKS

This darn world.
                                   Always telling me what's right from wrong.
Without actually knowing what's right from wrong.

Telling lies they think are truths.

Telling old stories I've heard a thousand times before.
                      But changing them every time.

Forcing me into their frame rate.
And making me gravitate
                                         Toward what they think is right.
          And what I should do
I thought that I would have one purpose in life
               And that's just how it would be.

But it turns out I'm a brick.
 

And it doesn't even matter what the world says I'm supposed to do.
                                                          Because I choose what I want to do.
The world may say that I'm to be used to build a house.
                     But then I come in and say, nope I'm going to break a window.

The world said do well on the ACT, and then I stepped in and said
                                                Nope. 
The world said be cool.
        But what is cool?
 
Bricks have been doing the same old thing for centuries.
                                                 But they have unlimited potential.
Be a brick.
Be unique.
Challenge the world and scream, "Is that the best you've got!?"

And then sit back smugly because nobody beats a brick in a fight.

It may come back and throw you through a window.

                   But you can take it.
You're a freaking brick for crying out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment